WAPPINGERS FALLS, N.Y. -- The Chamber Foundation recently honred 11 honorees of the 2016 ATHENA International Awards at a reception on at Villa Borghese in Wappingers Falls.
Chosen by a selection committee composed of the past three years’ honorees, these individuals demonstrated strengths in career excellence and leadership, community volunteer involvement and willingness to serve as a mentor – especially to women in the business community.
Now in its 11th year in the Hudson Valley, the ATHENA Award is given to members of the community who best embody the ATHENA Leadership Model, which focuses on the personal traits of strong, successful leaders. It captures the spirit and collaborative leadership style often exemplified in women leaders, while also recognizing the importance of courageous acts and fierce advocacy in pursuit of excellence.
The 2016 honorees are:
- Gloria Cukar, MidHudson Regional Hospital
- Pamela R. Edington, Ed.D., Dutchess Community College
- Renée Fillette, Ph.D, Astor Services for Children & Families
- Lauren Gillett, Chazen Companies
- Krista Jones, Sparrow's Nest
- Cynthia Keller, The Culinary Institute of America
- Kelly Lyndgaard, Unshattered
- Ruth Mahoney, KeyBank
- Major Kathleen Sileno, Air National Guard
- Catherine O. Spratt, MPH, OCN, NE-BC, MidHudson Regional Hospital
- Bettina "Poet Gold" Wilkerson, R.E.A.L. Skills Network
The ATHENA Award Reception also featured a keynote address from Jane Bryant Quinn, a nationally known financial journalist.
Photo : Front row from right -- Gloria Cukar, MidHudson Regional Hospital; Pamela R. Edington, Ed.D., Dutchess Community College; Renée Fillette, Ph.D, Astor Services for Children & Families; Lauren Gillett, Chazen Companies; Krista Jones, Sparrow's Nest; Cynthia Keller, The Culinary Institute of America. Back row from right: Kelly Lyndgaard, Unshattered; Ruth Mahoney, KeyBank; Major Kathleen Sileno, Air National Guard; Catherine O. Spratt, MPH, OCN, NE-BC, MidHudson Regional Hospital; Bettina "Poet Gold" Wilkerson, R.E.A.L. Skills Network.