MILLERTON, N.Y. -- During the summer a lot of local children go without food because the school kitchens where they are provided a free breakfast and lunch during the school year are closed. To help make sure those children get fed, the North East Community Center in Millerton provides free breakfast and lunches through its lunch box program at several locations throughout the area.
To take part, children need to be under the age of 18; adults can purchase meals through the program.
The lunches are offered Monday through Friday, except for certain locations. The following are a list of the locations and times for kids to grab a meal:
- Wetbutuck Summer School: Breakfast 9 a.m./lunch 11:30 a.m.
- Amenia Town Hall (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday): Breakfast 8:45 a.m/lunch 11:45 a.m.
- Northeast Millerton Library: No breakfast/lunch 11:30 a.m.
- Millerton Elementary School (begins July 5): Breakfast 9:30 a.m./lunch noon,
- Rudd Pond (Mondays and Fridays): Breakfast 9 a.m./lunch noon.
- Eddie Collins Field (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday): Breakfast 9 a.m./lunch noon.
For more information, call 518-789-4259.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.