DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- As the heroin epidemic continues to spread across the country, Anthony Eack, the founder of Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life Foundation, will begin offering weekly heroin recovery meetings at various locations across Dutchess County.
Eack, a volunteer speaker for The Council on Addiction Prevention & Education of Dutchess County and recovery coach and mentor, said he knew he had to start the meetings after seeing the influx of young people and the devastation that opiates have brought to the community.
"I knew something had to be done and changes had to be made. I didn’t want to see another child die or struggle with this addiction. It does not affect only the child, it affects the families and the community on a whole as well," he said. "I felt the need to take recovery to the next level after treatment and created Hudson Valley’s first-of-its-kind weekly opiate recovery meetings in various locations called The Rap Session."
The Rap Sessions work with the benefits of a peer-on-peer recovery network, which includes how to live a sober lifestyle. Some of the topics will include;:
- Before and after the use of opiates.
- Family values and spiritual guidance, if needed.
- Open discussions with parents.
The meetings are held from 7-8 p.m. at:
- Sunday: NNC Church, Oak Grove Grange Building, 2 St. Nicholas Road, Wappinger.
- Tuesday: Fishkill Church of the Nazarene, 953 Main St., Fishkill.
- Thursday: Regina Coeli Church, 2 Harvey Street, Hyde Park.
For more information, call 917-444 - 0328 or email CytCylFoundation@gmail.com .