DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Dutchess residents will have a chance to honor the county's veterans when the county holds a Veterans Day ceremony at the Dutchess County War Memorial on Saturday, Nov.11.
Hosted by Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro and retired Navy veteran Nelson Eddy Rivera, director of the Dutchess County’s Division of Veterans Services, the event will take place at 11 a.m., at the War Memorial at the John K. Rinaldi Memorial Park at the intersection of Raymond Avenue and Main Street in the Town of Poughkeepsie.
To help make sure that all Dutchess County residents have a chance to attend an event to honor all the local vets, the Dutchess County Division of Veterans Services reached out to local municipalities and community organizations and compiled a list of events taking place on or around Veterans Day.
(Listed by date, then alphabetically by municipality)
Dutchess County Veterans’ Services: Saturday, Nov. 4, at 10 a.m., Veteran’s Appreciation Day Event, FDR Presidential Library & Museum, Wallace Center, hosted by Dutchess County Veterans’ Services, call Nelson Eddy Rivera at 845-486-2060.Millerton:
- Sunday, Nov. 5, from 7 to 11 a.m., All You Can Eat Pancake Breakfast, Veteran’s Park Millerton – Corner of Dutchess Ave & Main Street, hosted by American Legion Post #178, call Sean Klay at 518-929-3624, cost: $8.00 Adults; $6.00 Children 10-16; $5.00 seniors/children under 10
City of Poughkeepsie:
- Ceremony: Sunday, Nov. 5 at 2 p.m. at City Hall, Third floor, hosted by City of Poughkeepsie & Lafayette American Legion Post #37, Point of Contact: Jacquemae Perrotta @ 845-452-5960
- Castle Point VA Hospital: Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 2 p.m., ceremony at the Castle Point Campus, Multi-Purpose Room #100, call Yvette Rodriguez at 845-831-2000 ext. 5135
- Thursday, Nov. 9 at 6 p.m., ceremony at Arlington High School – Auditorium, hosted by Arlington High School, call Richard Carroll at 845-486-4860
Town of Fishkill:
- Friday, Nov. 10, 11 a.m., Tribute at All Sport, 17 Old Main, St, Fishkill, hosted by All Sport Health and Fitness, call Barbara Dell’Orso and Tim Winters at 845-896-5678
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 11 a.m., ceremony at the Fountain Square at the intersection of Route 22 & 343/44, hosted by VFW Post #5444, and town officials, call Vicki Doyle at 845-489-7826
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 11 a.m., ceremony at the Memorial Building, 413 Main St., hosted by VFW Post # 666, call Harold Delamater at 845-337-6509 or 845-297-8865
- Saturday, Nov. 11, Field of Flags display at McHoul’s Funeral Home, hosted by American Legion Manny Beacon Post #1758, call Donald Burns at 845-297-5295
Village of Fishkill:
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m. at Veterans Monument – corner of Main St & Broad St., hosted by VFW Post #1286 and Village of Fishkill, call Angela Arasim, Village Clerk at 845-897-4430
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 10:45 a.m., ceremony at Veterans’ Memorial, 4383 Albany Post Rd, hosted by Hyde Park American Legion Post #1303, call Michael Athanas at 845-233-5999
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m. ceremony at Veterans’ Green in front of Millbrook Fire House hosted by Millbrook VFW Post #9008, call Lonn Moore at 845-392-4911
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m., ceremony at Pine Plains Memorial Clock, hosted by Pine Plains VFW Post #5519, call Robert Clinch at 518-821-7450
Town of Poughkeepsie:
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m., ceremony at Dutchess County War Memorial, Raymond Ave & Main Street hosted by Dutchess County Veterans’ Services, call Nelson Eddy Rivera at 845-486-2060
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 7 p.m., ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park, Albany Post Rd North, hosted by Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #7765, call William Moore at 845-758-8175
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m., ceremony at Rhinebeck Cemetery, corner of Route 9 South and Mill Road, hosted by Women’s Auxiliary & Montgomery American Legion Post #429, call Dennis McGuire at 845-656-1839
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m., ceremony at Legion Post #524, 88 Broadway, hosted by Harris Smith American Legion Post #524, call Thomas Mabie at 845-758-1330 or 845-417-4573
Town of Wappinger:
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 1 p.m., ceremony at Town Hall, 20 Middlebush Road, Wappinger Falls, hosted by Town of Wappinger Recreation Department, call Ralph Holt at 845-297-0720
Village of Wappingers Falls:
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m., ceremony at Major Joseph McDonald MIA/POW Park, East Main St., hosted by J.M. Goring – WM. Hurtz American Legion Post #427, call Raymond C. Chase Jr. @ 845-297-2943 or 845-297-6777
Town of Poughkeepsie:
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 9:30 a.m., tribute at 174 Vassar Road, hosted by Vassar Road Elementary School, email Nora Marvullo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov. 17, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.; Nov. 18, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and Nov. 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Ceremony/Reception Veteran Arts Showcase at the FDR Presidential Library & Museum, Wallace Center, Gallery, hosted by VETFAMSA, Orange County NY Arts Council, FDR Presidential Library & Museum, call George Laws at 914-522-5518
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.