DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- A longtime Westchester County Department of Correction captain who lives in Dutchess County was arrested in upstate New York during an undercover sex sting Thursday that involved underage girls. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- Pleasant Valley native, Drew Lugbauer, who graduated Arlington High School, was drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 11th round of the Major League Baseball draft June 14.
- There is nothing keeping Diego Macancela, a 19-year-old Ossining teen who was detained by ICE last Thursday hours before his senior prom, from being deported back to Ecuador.
- A Hudson Valley school district has been ordered by a jury to pay Emily McGinley and her father Gregg $1.1 million after she was struck in the head with a bat during softball practice following a two-week trial.
- A Dutchess County legislator could be the first ever legislator censured censure after comments he made Robert Balkind, the county public works commissioner.
- Jack Fedigan has been an institution in Wappingers Falls for 50 years.
- A boat was destroyed and the boater burned during a fire at White's Marina in New Hamburg around 10 a.m. Thursday, according to the New Hamburg Fire Department.