DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Zachary Bassin of Carmel died on Tuesday, Aug. 1 due to chronic rejection of a double lung transplant. He was 21. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- Following an extensive investigation into the death of Samuel Harrell, an inmate at the Fishkill Correctional Facility in Beacon, the U.S. Attorney’s Office has closed the case, citing insufficient evidence and inconsistent witness statements.
- A 55-year-old woman was charged with DWAI/Drugs after state troopers responded to a one-car crash Wednesday on the Taconic State Parkway, according to state police.
- A 28-year-old Dutchess woman stole more than $5,590 from the New York State Department of Labor during a six-month period in 2014, state police in Rhinebeck announced Tuesday.
- Terry Gipson said since Washington, D.C. is out of the business of governing, that New York needs a governor willing to be a strong leader.
- Sometimes a cause will just move you to act and that's exactly what happened to Joe Petrucelli of Tri-County Sporting Goods in Patterson when he heard about a 14-year-old Pawling teen who needs a heart transplant.
- Bannerman Island is offering walking tours of the Bannerman residence for the first time. Tours depart from Beacon via kayak or passenger boat and from Cold Spring via kayak.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.