DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Chamber Foundation, the fundraising arm of the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, is now offering a Career Achievement Program and is accepting applicants for both participants and mentors.
The vision of the Career Achievement Program is now broader and supports more inclusiveness, encouraging both women and men with a particular sensitivity to veterans who may request support in the transition after military service. Once mentors and mentees are matched by the selection committee, they will meet with each other to set goals. Over the course of the year, they will work at achieving those goals as well as anything that comes up along the way; meetings between mentors and mentees are scheduled at their own convenience.
A few group networking events will take place throughout the year as well. Ideal mentees might have the following needs/interests:
- Career or leadership growth
- Career change · Solutions to career challenges
- Developing untapped potential
- Desire to learn from an experienced professional
- Focused on professional, technical and communication skills.
Ideal mentors should have the following attributes:
- Demonstrate career expertise in a particular focus area (through résumé submission).
- Be able to commit to the relationship, allocating appropriate time and focus.
- Be comfortable delivering constructive feedback in a manner that helps increase self-awareness and competency, while maintaining self-esteem.
- Have excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on development of goal-oriented action plans.
- Have sincere interest in sharing knowledge and expertise for the benefit of the mentee and not for self-promotion.
Please consider participating or recommending someone you know to learn more about this outstanding program. Former participants report they’ve established valuable business relationships and have received promotions as a direct result of their experience. They feel more comfortable networking with the business community and, because of this program, are more confident and better prepared to take the next step toward the future.
Download an application to be a mentor or mentee online at chamberfdn.org/career-achievement-program . The deadline to apply is April 18. There will be an official kick-off event on May 2.