DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Angelika Graswald, who claimed until the very end that she was "not a murderer," received the maximum sentence allowed under her plea agreement of 1⅓ to 4 years in the death Vincent Viafore in Orange County Court Wednesday. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- It might have filled the store with smoke, but fortunately, a fire in the deli department of the ACME Market in Hopewell Junction was quickly extinguished.
- Hughsonville firefighters are on the scene of a mobile home fire in the Sunset Farms Mobile Home Park at 52 Osborne Hill Road, according to the New York State Police.
- Southwest Dutchess voters went to the polls on Tuesday.
- Northwest Dutchess voters went to the polls. Here are the results.
- East Dutchess voters went to the polls. Here are the results.
- Amazon will be discontinuing its AmazonFresh grocery delivery service “to select ZIP codes” around the tristate area and the country.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.