DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- The murder of a woman at a Pleasant Valley game club and a high-speed chase tops the news this week.
A man has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with a shooting at the Pleasant Valley Trout and Game Club, according to the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office. Click here to read the story.
A Hudson Valley man is facing multiple misdemeanor charges after being busted driving more than three times the speed limit and rear-ending another driver, ending a police chase in Dutchess County. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- Seven people were displaced following an early morning structure fire Wednesday in Poughkeepsie, said the City of Poughkeepsie Fire Department.
- A cashier is behind bars after stealing nearly $10,000 from the gas station she worked in Dutchess, state police from the Rhinebeck barracks said.
- A Town of Poughkeepsie woman charged with the murder of her boyfriend appeared in court Tuesday where she dismissed her attorney, Anthony DeFazio.
- A 49-year-old local man has been identified as the person whose remains were uncovered near the intersection of Route 44 and 55 in the Town of Poughkeepsie on Wednesday, Sept. 27.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.