A teenager who delivered the fatal blow that led to the death of Gabe Bardo last year during a drug deal pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
Lorenzo Santana, 17, accepted a plea deal Monday from prosecutors, confirmed Prosecutor Deborah Mabbett.
“He demanded marijuana from Gabe and struck him in the head,” Mabbett told the court. “Gabe laid down on the ground and never regained consciousness. He was pronounced dead a day later.”
Mabbett said that following a pre-sentencing investigation, Santana faces four to 15 years in prison.
According to police, Bardo was delivering $30 worth of marijuana to a friend on Aug. 5, when he was jumped by four teens on Abbott Street.
Santana was originally charged with felony murder. If convicted on that charge, he faced a minimum 25 years in prison.
Ronald Massagli, who was also charged in the attack, pleaded guilty last month to manslaughter. Two others arrested in the attack are being tried as juveniles.
Santana's sentencing hearing is set for June 21, Mabbett said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.