DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. - More than a dozen suspects were taken into custody during a multi-agency drug sweep in Poughkeepsie that resulted in a sizable seizure of drugs, weapons, cash and cars.
Over the span of two days earlier this week, law enforcement agencies and the FBI carried out “Operation PK Pick Up,” executing multiple search warrants that led to the seizure of more than $20,000 cash, 85 grams of crack cocaine, powder cocaine, several bricks of heroin, nearly a dozen pounds of marijuana, handguns and two vehicles.
The operation targeted the north side of Poughkeepsie, known as “Death Row,” according to officials. It was a joint operation coordinated between New York State Police, the Poughkeepsie City Police Department, FBI Safe Streets Task Force and several other Dutchess County agencies.
Among those charged with various counts of criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal possession of marijuana:
- Devin Whitaker, 34, of Poughkeepsie;
- Justin Adorno, 21, of Poughkeepsie;
- Salina Williams, 25, of Poughkeepsie;
- Leonard Brown, 37, of Poughkeepsie;
- Jayhre Smith, 17, of Poughkeepsie;
- Anthony Davis, 39, of Poughkeepsie;
- Antoinette Harris-Blanding, 26, of Poughkeepsie;
- Malik Williams, 22, of Poughkeepsie;
- Tenequa Fitzgiles-Gillard, 35, of Poughkeepsie;
- Dervis Joyner, 39, homeless;
- Steven Watson, 48, of Poughkeepsie;
- Michael Cummings, 28 of Poughkeepsie;
- Mercedes Nelson, 28, of Poughkeepsie.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.