PAWLING, N.Y. -- Trinity-Pawling School celebrated the graduation of 79 students at its 109th commencement exercises on Sunday, May 29.
Giving the commencement address was Capt. Kevin Emore, a member of the class of 1999 and an international relations and counter-terrorism expert.
After graduating from Trinity-Pawling, Emore attended the United States Military Academy at West Point.
He served as a field artillery officer in Korea, Germany and Iraq.
Other commencement speakers were valedictorian Trung Hoang Le and Caelahn Bullen, head prefect.
Diplomas were handed out by Elizabeth Peale Allen, president of the school’s board of trustees.
The following seniors won academic awards for excellence in the classroom:
- Honor Student Grade 12: Trung Hoang Le.
- Henderson Prize in English : James Meriwether Donoghue.
- Ernest J. Reiter Award for Physical Science : Tanner Isaiah Baldin.
- Environmental Science Award: William John McCarthy.
- Elliot Prize in Senior Mathematics: Harold Kyung-Dong Kim.
- Chemistry Award: Min Sung Edward Park.
- Spanish Award: Matthew J. Cerny.
- French Award: Eric Jean Mawdsley.
- Anderson Prize in Latin: Miles Mufuka Martin.
- Biology Award: Ryan Winn.
- Religion Award: Trung Hoang Le
- Art Award: Yufan Wang.
- Music Award: Kyu Yeol Paik.
- Excellence in History: Chieh-Min Wei '16.
- Excellence in Theater: Hunter Brennan Olstein.