DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- A corrections officer who was arrested July 20 by the Town of Poughkeepsie police for felony sexual abuse has been suspended without pay from his job at the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill said corrections officials. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- The Putnam County Coroner's Office is determining a cause of death for a hiker found dead on Breakneck Ridge on July 17, according to the Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation.
- A total of 13 Hudson Valley residents were among 114 foreign nationals from New York taken into custody during a recently concluded 11-day operation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) deportation officers in the southern New York area.
- In a surprise move, Angelika Graswald, charged with murdering her fiancé during a kayaking trip along the Hudson River in 2015, pleaded guilty to felony criminally negligent homicide on Monday in a case that has been the subject of national media attention.
- Dutchess County officials are making sure that residents have great digital access and it shows with the county recently ranked second in the nation in the Digital Counties Survey.
- A recent find in a ceiling during a renovation was like traveling back in time for East Fishkill Police Chief Kevin Keefe.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.